CoolSculpting® Vs. SmartLipoTM Contest!
By Nadiv Shapira, MD, Medical Director, First State Vein & Laser Med-Spa
Both SmartLipo and CoolSculpting remove fat permanently. The results are long lasting, as long as you maintain a healthy lifestyle. These procedures differ in many other aspects, however. If you are considering a fat removal procedure, weigh the pros and cons of each, so you can decide which one is best for you.
This procedure is the newest laser-based liposuction available. It’s a minimally invasive procedure in which a very small laser fiber is inserted under the skin.
With energy delivered through this laser fiber, the fat is liquefied and the skin is tightened. At the end, the fat is removed
- Minimally invasive procedure
- Practically pain-free due to the use of a localized awake anesthesia
- Optimal results are achieved after a single procedure
- Fat removal is immediate and permanent
- No limit to the amount of fat that can be removed
- SmartLipo Triplex tightens the skin AND removes the fat
- Minimal downtime; from one to four days maximum
- Temporary bruising, swelling, and pain lasts for a day to a few weeks
- It’s an office procedure; you walk in and walk out
- Many body areas can be contoured, including the neck, abdomen, knees, male breasts, waists, flanks, arms, thighs and bra handles
According to RealSelf.com, a trusted, independent online resource, 84% of those that had SmartLipo said that it was worth it.
This procedure destroys fat cells by freezing them. CoolSculpting removes about 20% -25% of the fat cells, so multiple treatments on multiple areas are usually needed. Each area is measured by the size of one hand and it is priced this way, as well.
- Non-invasive procedure
- It is FDA approved for the treatment of the abdomen and flanks, only
- Treatment may be slightly painful and much more painful for some people
- Temporary and long lasting bruising, swelling, cramping, numbness, and pain may last for a few weeks to a few months
- Results are less predictable than minimally invasive techniques and vary
- It takes a few months to see the outcome
- Optimal results may require 2-3 treatments in each area
- CoolSculpting does not tighten the skin
- CoolSculpting does not enable body sculpting
According to RealSelf, 69% of those that had CoolSculpting said that it was worth it.
“Today was my first time at First State Vein & Laser Med-Spa and also my first cosmetic procedure. The second I opened the door- I was greeted warmly by the whole staff. I met with the doctor for a very through consultation and was delighted at how warm and approachable he was. I never felt rushed or pressured. The office is clean and beautifully decorated, and was also easy to get to. I can’t wait for my next procedure! “ – Juli C., Wilmington, DE
“After going through two highly invasive liposuction procedures, I finally found a better option. SmartLipo performed by Dr. Shapira at First State Vein and Laser is the way to go. No down time and recovery was quick and easy. The results are amazing!” – Chris F, West Chester, PA
“I’ve been seeing Dr. Shapira for years and was always curious about SmartLipo. I decided to have it done on my inner and outer thighs and I couldn’t be happier with the results! My thighs had been a frustration for me all my life and now they are slimmer and compliment my wardrobe and help me maintain my athletic build.” – Andrea R., Middletown, DE