Spring Into Your No Stress Zone For Good!
By Joanne Graves, Owner of Sanctuary Spa
Everyone experiences stress from time to time. If left unchecked, stress can lead to health problems such as anxiety, depression, and heart attacks among other ailments. With weddings, showers, graduations, proms and all the holidays and events you’ll be planning and celebrating this spring, take steps to reduce stress so you can feel your best!
1. Decide to get healthy. Taking control of your health can impact the level of stress you experience. Improve your food choices and add an exercise routine to your day. Even 30 minutes of brisk walking each day combined with a healthier diet will make you feel so much better!
2. Laugh!! Laughter truly is good for you. In fact, laughter has been known to lower blood pressure, reduce stress hormones, and increase alertness and creativity. So, laugh away! It really is the best medicine!
3. Write it down. No matter what obstacles you face each day, do your best to put a positive spin on them. At the end of the day, take a few minutes to list 2 or 3 things about that specific day that made you happy. Keep the lists in a journal so you can go back and read them. Reflecting on positive moments in your life is sure to reduce stress and bring a smile to your face!
4. Enjoy a long weekend. Schedule a Friday off and head out of town for the weekend with your bestie for a mini vacation to recharge your batteries. Find a B&B and schedule a wine-tasting tour at a local winery. You’ll be relaxed and ready to take on the world!
5. Reach for Aromatherapy. Calm your nerves quickly by utilizing essential oils. Bergamot, lavender or peppermint oils are sure to eliminate your stress in no time. Make a cup of herbal tea, light some scented candles with essential oils, and relax your cares away. Stop by the spa to pick up your favorite scents from our LotusWei flower alchemy line so you can get rid of all that stress today! Women’s Journal readers receive 20% your first purchase when you mention this ad.
6. Lend a helping hand. Helping others can take the focus off of your own challenges for a while. Not only that, but doing the right thing by being nice to others is a great self-esteem booster and helps to put your own worries in perspective. It’s a win-win for all!
7. Get a massage! Nothing is more relaxing than experiencing a much-needed massage to rid your body and mind of tension. In fact, go ahead and make a day of it! You’ll feel rejuvenated and stress-free!
Call us at 302-475-1469 to schedule your appointment today.
Managing stress is all about taking charge of your daily activities and thought processes.
You can reduce stress in your life by valuing yourself. It’s important to make time for fun and relaxation so you can be in a better position to deal with life’s stressors.
It isn’t just about the pampering; it’s about investing in your well being.