I Never Imagined How One Small Change In Your Home Can Yield Huge Results In Your Family’s Health
It’s been said, “No water, no life.” Water is essential for life for every single human, animal and microbe on Earth. It’s taken for granted, of course, but at what cost?
Let me tell you a little about me. I’m Maria Williams, the Clean Water Mom.
If you’ve ever wondered about the water you are giving your family, I’m here to tell you what I’ve discovered along my journey over the past several years or so. And if you’ve never considered what goes into that bottle of water or comes out of your tap, well, I want to encourage you to read my story so you can at least be informed about how clean water might be the solution to a problem you or a family member are having.
I never used to think about the water I drank until several years ago.
It was March 22, 2008 and I reluctantly left my almost 2 year old and four year old sons in the capable hands of my husband to fly all the way across the country.
I was nervous and excited about the prospect of meeting the owners of a water filtration company I thought I wanted to buy.
Here’s the thing… I knew nothing about water filtration at the time other than that some people had water softeners and some had water filters. I didn’t know a “whole house” water filter existed or what it did.
I just knew that I wanted to be a good mom to my kids and thought buying a business would allow me more freedom to be available for them.
As I sat across the table from this man listening to him tell me about water filtration, whole house filtration systems and all the aspects of their business, I got a sick feeling.
I was in Las Vegas. It was hot. And I remember sitting in this room which was so incredibly warm. I was sweating and thirsty. And then he said something that really got me in the “mom gut.” He told me that chlorine gas is released from unfiltered water when you take a hot shower. Now up to this point, I always thought of myself as a good mom. I try to do the best for my children and give them the healthiest environment. For instance, we don’t drink a lot of juice or sugary drinks, instead we drink mostly milk and water. But all of sudden I felt like I wasn’t doing the best for them.
You see my kids have asthma and unbeknownst to me I was exposing them to chlorine gas – daily – when giving them a hot bath or shower. Not a proud mom moment.
But I needed to make sure what he said was true, so after leaving the meeting, I immediately started doing my own research. I educated myself on everything I could find about water and water filtration and have been doing so for over four years now.
Here’s a few of the things I learned:
1) Chlorine: The Double-Edged Sword Chlorine, the main disinfect used to clean our water, prevents major illness outbreaks that used to kill thousands of people. However, you see, chlorine is not without its problems. It releases THMs (poisonous gases) when it is mixed with organic matter, especially when heated such as in the shower or bathtub. These harmful, carcinogenic gases are breathed in and absorbed through the skin. It can get so bad that the majority of the chloroforms found in homes are because of the water in our homes. We have a customer whose children could not bathe in their bathroom without the door open because the concentration was bad.
2) Your Water is Loaded with Chemicals Chemicals such as pesticides, herbicides, and fertilizers are rampant in our water supply. The good news is that these volatile and synthetic organic compounds (VOCs and SOCs) are easy to remove from drinking water using a high quality filter.
3) Most of Us Are Chronically Dehydrated Most of us don’t think of ourselves as chronically dehydrated. After all, we drink lots, right? True, but unfortunately most of us are drinking soda, coffee, tea, alcohol, and juice. Many conditions are aggravated by lack of water. According to Dr. Batmanghelidj in his book, “You’re Not Sick, You’re Thirsty,” asthma, allergies, blood pressure, diabetes, constipation, autoimmune diseases such as lupus, general pain symptoms, ulcers, colitis pain, headaches, migraines, rheumatoid arthritis pain, lower back pain, osteoarthritis, obesity, depression, chronic fatigue syndrome, dry eyes, hot flashes, kidney stones, and cancer formation are just some of the maladies that are caused or aggravated by dehydration.
To be certain you’re adequately hydrated, take your weight and divide in half. This is the number of ounces of water you should be drinking daily. Same goes for your kids.
And these facts are just the tip of the iceberg. A quality whole house water filter will filter chlorine, chloramines, heavy metals, VOCs, SOCs, odors, and make it taste great, so you’ll drink more of it.
For the full free report, “9 Alarming Things Moms Should Know About their Water,” please visit our website at www.cleanwatermom.com/wj.
Maria Williams, The Clean Water Mom, serves over 18,000 customers nationally with whole house water filtration systems from Kennett Square, PA.
• “I just want to let you know how very much I have appreciated Joy’s assistance throughout the several years we have lived in Texas. She was especially helpful recently when I phoned. It was late and I was actually surprised to hear her voice ‘live’! She walked me through how to turn off the water and use the hoops to loosen the filter tops from the canisters. My husband was away and I really just wanted to get this job done. YAY!
Was how I felt and I have been pleased with the filters purchased from Puriteam for almost 5 years now. In a world where true and friendly service is almost nonexistent, Joy is very refreshing and brings a smile every time.” ~ Marilyn T., Texas
• “Their customer service is top notch. From pre-sales to post-sales, they have always answered the phone and treated me like their only customer. They have earned my loyalty over the years and for this reason I give them 6 stars out of 5. These guys make online shopping a real pleasure and provide superior service and support.” ~ Dave F., Mission Viejo California
• “Because of the new system our water quality has significantly improved. Our drinking water is so clear, clean and chemical free that we no longer need to buy case after case of bottled water, since the water from our tap tastes so good. This system has also eliminated the odor you’d notice after showering. Our shower no longer has the pink build up on the grout and marble, and the hard water stains have been slowed. This water also leaves your skin less dry after showers. I’m sure this system will prolong the life of our appliances by eliminating harmful chemicals, and particles in our water system. This has been a terrific decision, and has improved our quality of life in our home.” ~ Francine and Dick H., West Grove, PA
www.cleanwatermom.com • 610-268-5420 • 888-491-4100