Family Court CASA Program Seeks Child Advocates
The Court Appointed Special Advocate Program (CASA) of the Family Court is expanding its efforts to represent the interests of abused and neglected children in court.
The program is seeking qualified adults to serve as CASA volunteers.
CASA volunteers are trained members of the community who are appointed by Family Court Judges to speak up for the best interests of abused and neglected children in Court proceedings. As an official of the Court, the CASA volunteer conducts an independent investigation into the child’s life and provides information and recommendations to the judge in the case. CASA volunteers work with attorneys, social workers, and family members to attain the goal of a safe and permanent home for each child.
CASA volunteers have varied professional, educational, and ethnic backgrounds. They are selected on the basis of their objectivity, competence and commitment. Each volunteer accepted into the program must complete five days of initial training. Casework supervision is provided by full time Program Coordinators from the Family Court staff. Program attorneys provide legal advice and represent the CASA in court proceedings.
In the last year, CASA volunteers served over 600 children in Delaware. Yet, many of Delaware’s abused and neglected children still have no independent voice in court.
The problems of child abuse and neglect belong to all of us.
Be part of the solution. Be a CASA volunteer.
For information, call the CASA office in
Family Court at 302-255-0461.
Call 302-255-0461 in New Castle County
Call 302-672-1037 in Kent County
Call 302-855-7410 in Sussex County
Last 5 posts by admin
- First State Vein & Laser MediSpa... Grand Opening! - October 1st, 2013
- Does Your Child Need More? Back to Basics K-12 Private School offers a revolutionary difference… An unprecedented 1:1 student to teacher ratio - October 1st, 2013
- Not Only Your Big Veins Matter, The Little Ones Too! - October 1st, 2013
- GreatStuff HOME A Furniture Resale Shop Like No Other! - October 1st, 2013
- Window Treatments & Energy Savings. Style and Comfort Combined - October 1st, 2013