What Is Functional Endocrinology And Integrative Health Care?
Dr. Heather Rooks, DC
It is cutting edge health care that looks at people as a WHOLE SYSTEM as opposed to individual areas looked at separately. Using advanced diagnostic testing, DNA analysis, blood work, urine, and saliva among others, doctors in this area can determine your overall health and pinpoint specific organs or organ systems that may be dysfunctional. In some cases, long before pathological consequences results.
From prevention to handling chronic conditions, functional endocrinology is based on the idea that the body is an inter-related system, and that no part of the body works all by itself, without having some effect on other parts of the body. A very simple example of this is to imagine a fire in the kitchen. The smoke does not stay contained in the kitchen but, rather permeates the entire house with a pungent unmistakable odor. In your body, it is much the same. Dysfunction or imbalance does not stay relegated to the “problem” area. A diabetic patient may lose their vision, a thyroid patient may gain weight and lose hair, and so on. We are interested in finding all areas of bodily dysfunction and working hard to restore some normal function and not just managing a symptom.
An example: Vitamin D deficiency is a common problem and a lack of this critical vitamin in the body can affect bio-chemical reactions amongst cells and affect energy levels.
Toxins from chemicals found in your food, your house or your work environment can damage the liver affecting its ability to function normally, or in some cases, cause water retention and swelling. This then can cause additional stress on the heart and cardiovascular system.
Getting your body to FUNCTION better, and in some cases, normally again, can have a dramatic impact on how you look and feel. Often, patients find renewed energy, loss of weight, improved biological function, and an overall better outlook by simply feeling better.
It has been said “Your Health Is Your Greatest Wealth”. Functional Endocrinology gives you, the patient, an opportunity to improve what you know as the “status quo” for you, and improving your overall wellness.
In my practice I have decided to focus on 2 EPIDEMIC conditions. TYPE 2 Diabetes and Hypothyroidism.
Are you suffering with Type 2 Diabetes… regardless of what Rx you take or what you do?
Help is available. My unique approach to diabetes is totally different – AND MUCH MORE EFFECTIVE – than what most doctors who are trying to reverse diabetes naturally are currently doing. You see, where most physicians test for blood sugar levels and A1C levels and not much else, I’ve designed an integrative testing approach that goes into much more depth. I then use my detailed findings to individually tailor and customize a treatment plan for each patient based on his or her own underlying causative factors.
The results have been life-changing for my patients…
* Imagine how life would be if you no longer had to worry about your blood sugar…
* Imagine how life would be if you no longer needed the drugs…
* Imagine how life would be if you no longer had to inject yourself with insulin…
* Imagine if you had the energy to exercise and lose the diabetic weight…
* Imagine life without having to get up constantly throughout the night to use the bathroom…
* Imagine what life would be like not living in constant fear of the devastating effects of this disease…
* If you can Imagine any or all of these things come to an event to learn more about HOW this can be done!
As senior clinic director, Dr. Rooks is skilled and experienced at treating the root physiological, biochemical, and hormonal imbalances associated with Type 2 Diabetes and with Hypothyroidism.
Dr. Rooks uses breakthrough diagnostic testing and analysis that’s rarely done in conventional settings, to uncover the hidden, underlying causes a person may be experiencing from Type 2 Diabetes and Hypothyroidism. She also takes great pride in delivering personalized healthcare treatment to patients as well as providing an environment that supports and inspires patients to reverse their poor health. Dr. Rooks graduated from the University of Delaware, with a BA in Biology and has a Minor in Women’s Studies. She attended Life University for her Doctor of Chiropractic degree, and has extensive Postgraduate education in Functional Endocrinology. Outside the office, Dr. Rooks enjoys being with her Cream French bulldog, Romeo, traveling and consciousness raising activities, spiritual retreats and humanitarian mission trips. She also loves Yoga and any kind of fitness.
YOU ARE INVITED to an Informational Dinner Talk Reverse Type 2 Diabetes Naturally Call 484.775.0550 to register today
Last 5 posts by admin
- First State Vein & Laser MediSpa... Grand Opening! - October 1st, 2013
- Does Your Child Need More? Back to Basics K-12 Private School offers a revolutionary difference… An unprecedented 1:1 student to teacher ratio - October 1st, 2013
- Not Only Your Big Veins Matter, The Little Ones Too! - October 1st, 2013
- GreatStuff HOME A Furniture Resale Shop Like No Other! - October 1st, 2013
- Window Treatments & Energy Savings. Style and Comfort Combined - October 1st, 2013