The Power Of Massage ~ The Energy Of Healing
Uses a system of long gliding strokes, kneading, and friction techniques on the more superficial layers of muscles. Swedish can be a relatively vigorous form of massage, sometimes with a great deal of joint movement included.
Deep Tissue Massage
Used to release chronic patterns of muscular tension using slow strokes, direct pressure, or friction, on a focused problem area. This is applied with greater pressure and at deeper layers of the muscle than Swedish massage. Deep doesn’t necessarily mean “hard.” With the proper technique, muscles deep in the body can be reached with a minimum of pressure.
Seated Chair Massage
Provides a quick stress release and offers many of the same benefits as a traditional table massage. Fatigued, strained or stressed muscles acquired from office and desk work can be relieved in as little as 10 to 15 minutes increasing productivity, mood, and general well being. A portable, therapeutic massage chair is provided to enhance the experience and increase the overall health benefit. All sessions are done fully clothed and areas of focus are the back, neck, shoulders, arms, and hands. This service is provided at your place of business during peak seasons, contests, projects, or any other company event.
Warm Stone Therapy Massage
Warm Stone Massage is one of the most relaxing and soothing massages offered today. Warm Stone Massage is an ancient healing technique using smooth Balsalt Lava rocks that are heated, oiled, and massaged on the body. The effects of the warm oiled stones soothe tired muscles, as they absorb the heat. The energy of the stones relaxes and rejuvenates the body. Clients always leave feeling completely relaxed and renewed after a warm stone massage.
Massage and Pregnancy
Throughout history in tribal and traditional societies, massage was an integral part of a woman’s pregnancy, labor and postpartum experience. Typically the women of the community gathered together to support her and her baby with herbal medicines, massage, physical and emotional support.
Pregnancy massage is a technique specifically designed for the childbearing year that is safe and effective for easing common discomforts of pregnancy as well as promoting maternal and fetal well being.
Pregnancy is a time your entire body adapts to the new life growing within you. A support system is important since two (or more) lives now depend on your health and vitality. Pregnancy massage is a great way to relax, increase your energy and relieve discomfort during your pregnancy. The caring touch of massage can help you experience your changing body in a positive and accepting way.
Massage can help you prepare for the birthing process in several ways:
• Release chronic tension in lower back, abdomen, and inner thighs
• Increases your awareness of tension and teaches you to consciously release
• Increase your sense of confidence and self-control
• Practice focus and relaxation breathing techniques during your massage
Just taking time out for a massage can improve your outlook in life, making everything seem easier during this time of many changes.
Benefits of Massage:
• Relaxes muscles, can correct damaged muscles
• Improves circulation without increasing heart load
• Increases range of motion
• Helps obtain a feeling of connectedness
• Relieves pain from muscle tension, fractures, sprains, sciatica, and stiff joints
• Shortens recovery time from muscular strain
• Flushes lactic acid, uric acid, and other metabolic wastes from tissues
• Stretches the ligaments and tendons, keeping them supple
• Stimulates the skin and nervous system while relaxing the nerves
• Helps reduce emotional and physical stress
Our bodies are like an orchestra; if one instrument is out of tune it throws off the entire arrangement. Our center offers valuable resources to fine tune your body by using holistic therapies to direct your body in a way that it can perform and play in harmony without the use of drugs or surgery. Preventative Health can help us to discover ways to nurture and heal our daily aches and pains. It can help us bring about physical and emotional changes, creating a feeling of wholeness in a way that makes a connection to our mind, body and spirit. Come and experience a new and better way of achieving health and wellness here at Heathers.
Heather Torbert is Lisa Heather Torbert’s mom. She died at the age of 66 from diabetes. Mom’s life was not easy, as she became addicted to drugs and alcohol in her twenties. She also suffered from depression most of her life. At the age of 40, she finally was able to “kick the habit” forever. However, she substituted into some very unhealthy “other addictions” such as smoking, caffeine, and food addictions (chocolate, sugar and carbohydrates), which eventually lead to her death. This center is dedicated to my mom, Heather, my best friend and special angel. Because of her, we here at Heather’s are able to offer a touch of heaven to everyone that visits our center.
Last 5 posts by admin
- First State Vein & Laser MediSpa... Grand Opening! - October 1st, 2013
- Does Your Child Need More? Back to Basics K-12 Private School offers a revolutionary difference… An unprecedented 1:1 student to teacher ratio - October 1st, 2013
- Not Only Your Big Veins Matter, The Little Ones Too! - October 1st, 2013
- GreatStuff HOME A Furniture Resale Shop Like No Other! - October 1st, 2013
- Window Treatments & Energy Savings. Style and Comfort Combined - October 1st, 2013