A Drug-free Way to Safely Treat Type II Diabetes and Insulin Resistance
Have you been told you have Syndrome X (Metabolic Syndrome) or are Diabetic, Pre-Diabetic, or Insulin Resistant, and have been given prescriptions for medication or injections?
The “Medical Establishment” has it all wrong!
Expensive and side-effect-laden prescription drugs and insulin injections are not the best treatments for Type II Diabetes in the long-term.
In fact many, if not all, diabetic medications carry the risk of serious side effects…some causing weight gain and ultimately perpetuating the disease long- term. In the end, a drug for every disease or symptom is only masking the problem and not treating the root cause/s.
In addition, having high levels of insulin in your
body can be very dangerous to your health!
The problem for the majority of Type II Diabetics is that insulin resistance has set in … this basically means that your body has lost the ability to utilize insulin appropriately. It’s likely your body may not be lacking the hormone insulin.
What sense then does it make to continue to bombard your body with something it no longer recognizes and can no longer process?
Did you know that insulin at high levels:
- Can shorten your life expectancy
- Can cause you to gain weight at an alarming rate
- Can cause more insulin resistance therefore perpetuating your diabetes
- Can cause your blood pressure to increase
- Can cause cardio-vascular disease
- Can increase your risk of developing cancer
- It can do all of the above
Diabetes is a nasty disease that ruins the lives of millions of people. You can lose a leg … you can lose an arm … you can lose your “zeal” for life … and in serious cases you can even lose your life.
But help is available.
My unique approach to diabetes is totally different –
AND MUCH MORE EFFECTIVE –
than what most doctors who are trying to reverse
diabetes naturally are currently doing.
At Path Integrative Health Center, there is a difference. You see, where most physicians test for blood sugar levels and A1C levels and not much else, Dr. Heather Rooks, DC has designed an integrative testing approach that goes into much more depth.
Using detailed findings, she individually tailors and customizes a treatment plan for each patient based on his or her own underlying CAUSITIVE factors.
The results have been life-changing for many patients. Imagine…
- Imagine how life would be if you no longer had to worry about your blood sugar
- Imagine how life would be if you no longer needed the drugs
- Imagine how life would be if you no longer had to inject yourself with insulin
- Imagine if you had the energy to exercise and lose the diabetic weight
- Imagine life without having to get up constantly throughout the night to use the bathroom
- Imagine what life would be like not living in constant fear of the devastating effects of this disease
- Imagine that once and for all you finally understood why you had diabetes instead of just being told it was genetic and the best you can do is to choke down the drugs and inject yourself with insulin
Dr. Heather Rooks, DC -
As senior clinic director, Dr. Rooks is skilled and experienced at treating the root physiological, biochemical, and hormonal imbalances associated with Type 2 Diabetes and with Hypothyroidism. Dr. Rooks uses breakthrough diagnostic testing and analysis that’s rarely done in conventional settings, to uncover the hidden, underlying causes a person may be experiencing from Type 2 Diabetes and Hypothyroidism. She also takes great pride in delivering personalized healthcare treatment to patients as well as providing an environment that supports and inspires patients to reverse their poor health. Dr. Rooks graduated from the University of Delaware, with a BA in Biology and has a Minor in Women’s Studies. She attended Life University for her Doctor of Chiropractic degree, and has extensive Postgraduate education in Functional Endocrinology. Outside the office, Dr. Rooks enjoys being with her Cream French bulldog, Romeo, traveling and consciousness raising activities, spiritual retreats and humanitarian mission trips. She also loves Yoga and any kind of fitness.