Did You Know . . .? Vital Clues Of Impending Fertility Challenges
Did you know that most couples seeking fertility care provide us with valuable clues for solving their problem? Did you know that most fertility challenges are curable, or can be overcome by exciting advances in our field? Did you know that our patients help us provide ever-improving fertility care by telling us important information about their history, symptoms, and life challenges?
For over a year, thousands of patients have educated us by answering several key questions on our unique, physician-reviewed online fertility challenge survey (please visit www.wjfertility.com).
Here is a glimpse into what we have learned:
1. Did you know . . . 75% of couples who are actively trying to conceive should do so within 6 months? Over 90% should be successful within 12 months. Almost 100% of our surveyed couples have not successfully conceived, and strongly desire consultation.
2. Did you know . . . the majority of infertile woman surveyed have pelvic pain, either now or in the past, or abnormal, prolonged, or heavy menstrual cycles? Many are ultimately diagnosed and/or treated for endometriosis and/or fibroids.
3. Did you know . . . a high percentage of infertile women have suffered miscarriage in the recent past?
4. Did you know . . . time is of the essence for most women seeking pregnancy over age 30, even if they have had a successful pregnancy in the past?
5. Did you know . . . all infertile couples MUST have the male partner checked because 40 to 50% of infertility is related to poor sperm quality.
6. Did you know . . . 70% of our surveyed patients have been frustrated with the medical information they previously received from their health care provider?
Please visit www.wjfertility.com to take our fertility challenge survey. Stay tuned for more “did you know” findings in future Women’s Journal editions.
Reproductive Associates of Delaware is home to four nationally recognized reproductive endocrinologists:
Dr. Barbara A. McGuirk, Medical Director, Reproductive Surgery, Board Certiﬁed: Reproductive Endocrinology and Obstetrics Gynecology.
Dr. Ronald Feinberg, Medical Director, IVF Program, Board Certiﬁed: Reproductive Endocrinology and Obstetrics and Gynecology.
Dr. George Kovalevsky, Medical Director, Academic Affairs, Board Certiﬁed: Obstetrics & Gynecology, Board Eligible: Reproductive Endocrinology.
Dr. Adrienne B. Neithardt, Donor and Third Party Services, Board Certiﬁed: Reproductive Endocrinology and Obstetrics and Gynecology.
Reproductive Associates is proud to have some of the finest and brightest endocrine and andrology lab staff, Linda Morrison, M.T. Stacey Carney M.T., Heather Ray B.S., Cai Wang MD, and Caitlin Boylan B.S. who are led by our Lab Director, Marc Portmann, M.T., MHA.
Our facility is also home to four of Delaware’s finest practitioners: Nancy Lorber, CRNP, Melissa Aiken PA-C, Rhonda Wright PA-C, and Susan Carr, CRNP.
For your convenience we have 3 locations across Delaware to serve you: Medical Arts II Pavilion on the campus of Christiana Care, Dover, at the new Eden Hill Medical Center and at Silverside Medical Plaza in North Wilmington.
Please call 302-623-4242 to make an appointment.